Sign-up for our Newsletter
Stereoscpic Tracking and Distance
- Track a target with two adjacent cameras and report its distance to the cameras in real-time.
- Two V1KU boards are mounted on servo motors and placed at a known distance from each other. Communication between the V1KU boards and the servo motors is made through a PC in the present setup.
- The target is selected manually in the field of view of one camera and the knowledge built by the neurons is immediately transferred to the second camera.
- Each camera tracks the target and the reported position is used to control the servo so the target is re-centered in the next field of view.
- The distance to the target is calculated using a triangulation formula between to two cameras.